Cancellations due to weather are often hard to call. We hate canceling classes because it causes a lot of chaos in the schedule – rescheduling a canceled class affects future classes in general, the schedule of the students, and often also results in bumping up other classes of affected instructors. Given that, our policy is:
- We will hold classes if day school cancels but the weather for evening classes is expected to be good.
- We will cancel classes if day school does not cancel but the evening weather is expected to be poor.
- We generally make a decision by 3 PM but it can be made as early as the day before if a major storm is expected.
- Barring power or internet outages, we will always post a notice on our website whether classes are on or canceled. The notices which appear on Village Soup are less reliable because they are for the school district and not just adult ed.
- We make every effort to call and/or email both students and instructors when we do cancel. Since this can often be in the middle of the day please try to give us your daytime number when signing up, and remember to check our website if you have not received a call.