Frequently Asked Questions
If you need to cancel your registration you will need to call or email us. The policy for refunds is below.
Five Town CSD Adult & Community Education REFUND POLICY
- For check or cash transactions: 100% of the registration fee will be refunded if we cancel a course or if a student withdraws at least 31 days before the start of a course. 100% minus a $5 processing fee will be refunded if a student withdraws within 30 days and up to 2 business days before the start of a course. No refunds are made after a class has started or within less than 24 hours of the start of a one-day class.
- For credit card transactions: Course registration fee refunds are the same as for check/cash. However, the credit card processing percentage fee per class (minimum of $1.99) is non-refundable.
Exceptions to this policy may be made at the discretion of the Director.
If you are having trouble remembering your password to register for courses and need to reset it, here are the instructions:
Student Instructions to Reset Password:
- Go to the Coursestorm part of our site: https://fivetowns.coursestorm.com/
- Navigate to the “Log-In” link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click the Log-In link, then click Forgot Password.
- In the pop-up window, enter your email address, as you did previously. This will generate a new password reset code for you.
- A new pop-up window will appear, titled “Check your email”. IMPORTANT: Do not close this window! This is the window where you will need to enter the 6-digit code.
- Check your email in a new window or tab, to obtain the 6 digit code.
- Go back to the “Check Your Email” pop-up box in your original window and enter the 6 digit code and click the “Verify Code” button.
- You will now be prompted to choose a new password.
If that still doesn’t help you, you can contact us at 236-7800, option 5 during our business hours.
Our whiteboard on a typical busy night! For classes held at CHRHS (Camden Hills Regional High School), come in the front door which is to the right of the flagpole. You will find a whiteboard with directions just inside the door (seen above), then you’ll follow the bright yellow signs to your classroom.
For classes held at MRC (Midcoast Recreation Center), go to their location at 535 West St. (Rt. 90), our classes are upstairs and their front desk staff can direct you to the stairs or elevator. For more info click here.
The best way to begin is to call us at (207) 236-7800, ext. 5 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are in the office on Monday – Thursday from about 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. except during holidays and school breaks. Fridays vary so you may not catch us in but leave a message and we’ll get back to you. We work on our brochures several months in advance of publication, the deadline for the fall-winter brochure (covering the months of September through February) is the end of June, while the deadline for the spring-summer brochure (covering the months of March through August) is the end of November. Initially, we’ll discuss if your class is a good fit for our program, then once we determine it is we’ll send you a class proposal form to fill out. Stipends for classes are determined by many factors, including the cost of running the class, so that would be part of the discussion. If you’d like to see a list of some of the topics we are most interested in offering, click here.
Beginning in 2019, we started offering a small selection of classes held in the summer months. These typically consist of a few classes held at Camden Hills Regional High School in June and July, an outside painting class, and several one-day outdoor excursions and hikes in July and August. Browse our brochure and you will surely find something you’ll want to do this summer!
Yes, most of our multi-week classes qualify for a senior discount of 25% off the registration fee. This does not include any extra materials fees noted as being paid to the instructor. Classes that qualify for this discount are noted with SR next to the fee in the catalog. In order to receive the senior discount you must be 65 or older and either call in or mail in your registration.
Cancellations due to weather are often hard to call. We hate canceling classes because it causes a lot of chaos in the schedule – rescheduling a canceled class affects future classes in general, the schedule of the students, and often also creates conflicts with other classes for affected instructors. Given that, our policy is:
- We will hold classes if day school cancels but the weather for evening classes is expected to clear.
- We will cancel classes if day school does not cancel but the evening weather is expected to be poor.
- We generally make a decision by 3 PM but it can be made as early as the day before if a major storm is expected.
- Barring power or internet outages, we will always post a notice on our website whether classes are on or canceled. The notices which appear on Village Soup are less reliable because they are for the school district and not just adult ed.
- We make every effort to call and/or email both students and instructors when we do cancel. Since this can often be in the middle of the day please try to give us your daytime number when signing up, and remember to check our website if you have not received a call.
Due to significant fees we pay for credit and debit card transactions, there are some classes where we can only accept cash or check payments. Generally, these are classes such as trips or offerings run by outside organizations, where our portion of the income from the registration is very small but our expenses are high when payment is done through a credit or debit card.
We love class suggestions! We add classes almost every semester which came from ideas our students have given us. The best way to let us know of something you’d like to see is to email us at email@example.com, or call us at 239-7800, ext. 5. After that, we will do our best to find an instructor for the topic. Sometimes it can be a challenge to find an available teacher (see our page on becoming an adult ed teacher – some of these we have been searching for for a while) so don’t think we haven’t heard you – just be patient. We hope you’ll happily find something else in our brochure in the meantime!
Your question not covered here?
Please contact us at:
Phone: 207-236-7800 ext. 5
Our office is located inside Camden Hills Regional High School, 25 Keelson Dr., Rockport. We are available Monday-Thursday 12:00 – 8:00 p.m. via phone or email. Please leave a message if we don’t pick up, we have a very small staff!